Follow us on Facebook
+ -

Local Civic Aspirations – Flemington and Kensington Town Hall

In 1882 Flemington and Kensington ceded from the former Municipality of Essendon and Flemington, formed 20 years earlier, but there followed many years of debate over the siting of our Town Hall. One temporary location was at New Hall at 323 Racecourse Road, where there is now a two-storey Asian grocery. The richly decorated Bellair Street premises opened in 1901, operating as a civic centre for only four years, as Flemington and Kensington then joined the City of Melbourne. The Town Hall held the Flemington Kensington Library until 1965.

Places by name:

Places by address: