Follow us on Facebook
+ -

It’s Electrifying! Newmarket Railway Substation

IMG_3735

Constructed in 1914, the Substation was designed by the Railways Department, adopting a neo-classical style on a grand scale for a utilitarian structure. The substation became operational in 1918 as part of the program to electrify the Melbourne suburban railway network. The three mature Canary Island palms in front of the Substation date from about 1930.

Places by name:

Places by address:

Sitelink

Search